Song of the Ancients
Blue Spirit Costa Rica
May 6th-May 13th 2023
For more info on lodging options & to book please
***This retreat is now closed. Thank you for all of your support and interest. We are working on our retreat schedule for 2024. Stay Tuned!
I’m very excited to announce The first Song of the Ancients in person, weeklong immersion. This is a rare opportunity to be together in an intimate container of 25-30 people and dive into a weeklong intensive of voice cultivation work, song study, storytelling and musical celebration.
I am honored to be hosting this retreat at the beautiful Blue Spirit retreat center in Costa Rica. Perched upon a hilltop overlooking the quiet Southern end of a 3 mile long white sandy beach and protected turtle refuge. Blue Spirit lives in one of the world’s five Blue Zones on the Nicoya Peninsula.
Each day throughout our week together, we will have a morning voice cultivation session and an afternoon song study which will focus on songs from the Celtic and Ancestral European Traditions. Learning the songs of our ancestors is a simple yet powerful act which connects us more deeply to the web of life, lineage and a cultivates a sense of stewardship & belonging. In addition our practice will be supported by several yoga classes, sunset swims, evening song celebrations and ample time to soak in the inspiring nature that surrounds us.
Here are some of the specific tools I will be sharing though the week:
• Somatic & Embodiment tools to unblock both the singing and speaking voice & liberate our inherent expression of beauty and vitality.
• Breath meditations and techniques to return to our natural breath cycle, which regulates the nervous system and helps to release trauma stored in the body.
• Practices to cultivate both resonance and volume without taxing or overworking the voice
• Vocal Warm Ups and tools to stretch the vocal range gently
• Vocal Care
• 5 Songs from the Ancestral European & Celtic Traditions that connect us to the rituals and way of life of these ancient people.
***We have several different lodging options ranging in price from economy to deluxe. All accommodations include three delicious & healthy meals per day. Please send us an email and we will write you back with the current room availability.